Welcome to Year 10 Performance and Production
This course will cover Dance, Drama and Media.
The emphasis is on practical work and producing work for an audience.
We will do some written reflection on our process, our learning and our goals for improving our learning.
We will work at level 5 of the Arts Curriculum.
This course aims to :
- Give you a wide experience of the different aspects of performance and production
- Develop your confidence in performance
- Explore drama, dance and media elements, techniques and conventions, and give you the opportunity to use these
- Develop your ability to express your ideas and to create through performance and production
- Develop your ability to accept, build upon and be sensitive to the contributions of others in group situations
- Develop your literacy in using drama, dance and media language, symbols and texts
- Give you the opportunity to watch, appreciate and evaluate a variety of performance
Stationery and Uniform
You will need to buy 1 x 1B5 exercise books to use for your written work.
For all practical classes, suitable clothing must be worn. This needs to give you freedom of movement and can include PE uniform, shorts, track pants.
Enjoy your year and work hard!
Ms Jane Donald