Welcome to Year 9 Performing Arts
This course will cover Dance, Drama, Media and Music.
- In Drama and Dance, topics will cover creating your own plays, working from script and choreography.The emphasis is on practical work, building confidence and initiating the skills necessary to perform for an audience.
- In Music students will build up their theory and practical knowledge of musicals and the musical form.
- Media will cover media language, target audiences and production skills for radio.
We will do some written reflection on our process, our learning and our goals for improving our learning.
We will work at level 4 of the Arts Curriculum.
This course aims to:
- Give you an introduction to the different aspects of performance
- Develop your confidence in performance
- Explore drama, dance, music and media elements, techniques and conventions, and give you the opportunity to use these
- Develop your ability to express your ideas and to create through performance
- Develop your ability to accept, build upon and be sensitive to the contributions of others in group situations
- Develop your literacy in using drama, dance, media and music language, symbols and texts
- Give you the opportunity to watch, appreciate and evaluate performance
Stationery and Uniform
- You will need to buy 1x 1B5 exercise book to use for your written work.
- For all practical classes, suitable clothing must be worn. This needs to give you freedom of movement and can include PE uniform, shorts, track pants.
Ms Donald and Ms Murphy (Assistant HOF)